Our mission is to ignite and nurture a growing African network of individuals and organisations working passionately from global to local level, with capacity to resist harmful developments and to influence and implement policies and practices that promote recognition and respect for people and nature.
We envisage vibrant and resilient African communities rooted in their own biological, cultural and spiritual diversity, governing their own lives and livelihoods, in harmony with healthy ecosystems.
Our Core Values
- Diversity and mutual respect for ethnic, cultural, spiritual and biological well-being for present and future generations.
- Transparency and accountability as underlying principles of how we work so as to enable equal, inclusive and full participation.
- Solidarity with those working for justice for people and nature.
- Commitment, courage and tenacity to promote ABN core values and to defend and implement its principles.
- Transformation of individuals and organisations as catalysts of change.